Strategic Risk Management is designed to provide participants a unique, detailed understanding of risk management. The course is designed to bring a basic understanding of risk management to participants. Attendees will understand the fundamentals of risk management, what risks can be managed, why it is needed in today’s work environment.
Participants in the Concepts of Risk Management workshop will:
- Understand what ?risk management? means as it relates to energy production, transportation and consumption
- Learn why having a risk management strategy is important
- Understand physical versus financial risk management
- Develop a thorough understanding of risk management terminology as it applies to energy commodities
- Learn how to utilize risk management tools in strategic decision-making